Wednesday 23 May 2012

Assessment #2


I created my webpage through the program iWeb. I decided to continue with the television commentary theme that I have been using for this blog and briefly touch on a post I made earlier and added a few other features to it. I had the idea for the site in my head early on. The process started out by choosing the template and it took some time to find the right one to use. I looked at all of them and how they were layered out to further develop these ideas.  I decided on creating the first page to keep it minimal in design and leave the viewer with the thought of wanting to see more as they click further.
I then developed the other pages with a black background as well yet slightly changed the colour of the sides of the page, proving to be effective. When I started typing in my content it came to my attention that the correct use of colours for the fonts would be necessary to work well with the black behind it. Some shades like blue and red didn’t work at all.
When I had to put pictures in I learnt that this sometimes took a while as it depended on the template I was using at the time. It would involve rearranging the text as well, however after a while I was able master it I believe. Since I have never done anything like this before I have learnt quite a lot while we have been learning the html codes over the weeks. The tabs/widgets were handy to use as well where youtube videos were just a click of a button and I was also able to get my RSS feed of my blog and format to the way I thought it fitted well on the 'about me' section of my page. I find the formatting very interesting with html yet I found iWeb good to handle and a useful way to express what I was trying to convey to my audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment