Sunday 15 April 2012

The Voice

I am going to review this show after it premiered tonight on Win/Channel Nine. There has been a lot of hype about it with all the promos that have been shown every time I switch to this channel and was even thinking I didn't need to watch it because of this reason.. This show is not the typical singing competition however.
                                          The judging panel.


The judges line up is impressive with Delta, Keith, Joel and Seal who sit in big red chairs like Emperor Palpatine's that spin around when they buzz the contestants they like the sound of. What the show is all about is truly 'the voice' and not 'the look' that other shows focus on which is what makes it unique. During these moments that are called 'the blind auditions', I was surprised at times when I saw some of the contestants walk on stage and suddenly belt out notes. I feel pretty sorry for the people that keep singing till the end of their song however and none of the judges wish to do the spin, though it is a competition and only a select few are lucky in the end. I will keep watching it from time to time to see how Karise Eden, from tonights first episode goes. She's something else. Check it out.
Link to Karise Eden's first performance

My comparison of the chairs.
 





2.17 million viewers watched this premiere allowing it to win the battle for the ratings that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment